The Strategist

BCG: Global wealth lost 4% in 2022



06/28/2023 - 11:10



The international consulting firm BCG released its yearly study on the dynamics of world wealth.



wallpaper flare
wallpaper flare
The quantity of financial wealth declined by 4%, to $255 trillion at the end of 2022 due to rising global inflation and the armed crisis in Ukraine, while the overall increase in wealth was only 1%. Analysts, however, believe that positive dynamics will resume this year and that growth will increase by 5%, reaching $267 trillion.

BCG researchers anticipate that towards the end of 2022, the level of global financial health will have dropped for the first time since the global financial crisis of 2008. The sum of all financial assets, liabilities, and real assets in 2022 was $255 trillion, a 4% decrease from 2021.

Global wealth as a whole, including personal wealth, was $516 trillion last year, just 1% greater than it was in 2021.

Despite the COVID-19 epidemic, overall wealth surged by 10.6% to a record $530 trillion by the end of 2021.

source: bcg.com

 




More
< >

Tuesday, November 28th 2023 - 09:24 OPEC names positive aspects of clean energy