The Strategist
Markets & Industries

Borse Dubai to sell LSE shares worth $1.3 billion - 03/26/2015

UAE-based stock exchange Borse Dubai is selling its stake in the British exchange to raise around 1.5 billion pounds ($2.23 billion).   Borse Dubai is the biggest investor in the London Stock Exchange and is the holding company for Dubai Financial Market (DFM) and Nasdaq Dubai. The company was formed in August 2007 to combine the Dubai government’s two stock exchanges as well as its...

Schlumberger to pay $ 232.7 million fine for working in Iran, Sudan - 03/26/2015

World’s largest oil field services company Schlumberger Ltd. was fined $232.7 million for violating sanctions on Iran and Sudan. The sanctions was put forward by the Justice Department on the company’s fully owned subsidy Schlumberger Oilfield Holdings Ltd. The company has admitted guilt to one count of ‘knowingly and willfully conspiring to violate’ the sanctions imposed by US. According to...

Hainan orders 30 787 Dreamliners for $7.7 billion - 03/26/2015

China-based Hainan Airlines has ordered 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliners for up to $7.7 billion. China’s fourth-largest airline in fleet size, Hainan, has made the biggest order this year for the Dreamliner Jet. The company is currently operating 169 aircraft at the end of last year and the expansion of the fleet comes at a time when the company has been posting handsome profit. The publicly-listed...

Heinz to Merge with Kraft Foods - 03/25/2015

One of the largest US food manufacturers, companies HJ Heinz and Kraft Foods Group signed an agreement to merge. The new company will be called The Kraft Heinz Company, Heinz said in the press release. Its headquarters are located in Chicago and Pittsburgh. Heinz shareholders will receive 51% of the securities of the company, the remaining 49% will go to shareholders of Kraft. Kraft’s paper...

Saudi Aramco is Going to Win Chinese Oil Market - 03/25/2015

Saudi Arabian Oil intends to increase exports to China, said President and CEO of the company Khalid Al-Falih. According to him, Saudi Aramco sees great opportunities in China's efforts to restructure its economic growth model and is going to continue to seek cooperation with Chinese companies.  - We see how our energy supply potentially doubles with increasing demand for them in China, -...

European Banks Set to Offload 100 billion Euro on Non-Core Loans - 03/24/2015

European bad banks are experiencing boom in their businesses. Europe banks are ready to divest 100 billion euros (73 billion pounds) of unwanted loans in 2015. The banks sold off nearly 91 billion euros of its non-core loans in the year 2014. This amount is expected to increase by 10% this year (according to PWC report). Moreover, the report’s prediction stated that the European banks will take...

UK Construction Sector Facing Deceleration in Growth - 03/24/2015

House building output declined steeply indicating a slowdown in UK housing market. UK construction industry growth plunged surprisingly by 2.6 % in January 2015 as compared to its previous month, mainly due to sluggish house building output. The drop was the fastest since 2013 end and much below the projections of an increase of 1.2%. The signs are likely to persist in near term which in turn...

ChemChina to Acquire Italy’s Leading Tire Manufacturer, Pirelli - 03/23/2015

The deal worth 7.1 billion euro is likely to bolster Italian tire maker’s presence in Asia. China’s National Chemical Corporation is set to acquire controlling stakes of Pirelli, Italy’s manufacturing legend in a deal worth 7.1 billion euro. The Chinese companies progresses on the acquisition path, taking advantage of the sliding Euro and slight improvement in the European economic prospects. It...

Energy Giants - Raising Debts Amidst Oil price Collapse - 03/23/2015

The world’s top energy groups have raised large amount of debts this year. World’ top energy groups are persistently raising debts this year, thereby deriving benefits from the ultra-low interest rates to meet cash shortfalls led by oil price collapse. According to Morgan Stanley research, the world’s leading oil companies have reported a record high $31 billion of debt raised during the first...

E-bikes To Gain Popularity by 2024, Says Navigant Research - 03/21/2015

A research report published by Navigant Research shows electric two wheelers are setting a new trend; as more and more customers are going for them as a solution to avoid the increasing traffic jams. The city of Boulder, Colorado- 19 March 2015- Navigant Research releases a report wherein the subject matter deals with an examination conducted on the global market of scooters and motorcycles that...
1 ... « 79 80 81 82 83 84 85